- Rinse soaked glutinous rice. Add rice and 2 ½ cups of water to a pot and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for half an hour or until completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blend mangoes and set aside.
- Coat shredded coconut in 1 Tbs sugar and toast in the oven on 180C for 15 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- When the rice is cooked, add sugar and salt and cook a further couple of minutes until dissolved. Remove from heat with lid on.
- Spoon large amounts of glutinous rice into small bowls or glasses, drizzle with coconut milk and layer on top with fresh mango. Garnish with coconut and optional mint leaves.
Recipe & Photography by Jade WalkerPrint Your Shopping List