1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium heat and add garlic cloves.
2. Once the garlic is cooking, add in the flour and stir well for 2-3 minutes.
3. Gradually whisk in the milk until thick. Add grated nutmeg, cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and arrange in a baking dish. Pour the white sauce over the top.
5. Using a food processor, blitz the stale bread, oregano and almonds.
6. Sprinkle over the top of the cauliflower and place into the oven for one hour or until golden brown.
7. When the cauliflower cheese is almost ready, place the pancetta on a baking tray and put in the oven for 15 minutes or until crispy.
8. Remove the pancetta and cauliflower cheese from the oven, letting them cool slightly.
9. Crush the pancetta over the top of the cauliflower cheese before serving, along with extra sprigs of oregano and extra cheese.
Recipe & Photography by Emily Godfrey of Adeline and Lumiere