1. Starting with the roti bread, mix salt, flour and cumin seeds in a large bowl. Add in the water and mix with your hands until a dough forms.
2. Kneed on a floured surface for 3 minutes. Place dough back into a lightly oiled bowl, cover and refrigerate while you make the curry.
3. Cut the eggplant in half, sprinkle with salt and roast for 45-60 minutes until soft on the inside.
4. For the curry, blend the tomatoes into a puree or chop as finely as possible. Strain cashews and blend with the tomatoes until smooth. Set aside.
5. In a large pan, melt butter and add paneer. Sear the paneer on both sides until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
6. In the same pan, saute the onions for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add in ginger, garlic, chillis and all of the spices. Dry fry for 30 seconds until fragrant.
7. Pour in tomato and cashew mixture, stir through. Simmer for 15-20 minutes so that the curry becomes rich in colour and flavour. Season with salt and serve!
Recipe & Photography by Jade WalkerPrint Your Shopping List